Peter Ash is a passionate Canadian philanthropist and entrepreneur who also has albinism. As a result of his disability, Christian faith, and business background, Peter is motivated to do whatever he can to provide resources and assistance to people with albinism who have become victims of discrimination in Tanzania, throughout Africa and worldwide.
- 2014 Companionate of Merit
- 2014 President's Call to Service
- 2012 New England College of Optometry Presidential Medal
- 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 2011 British Columbia Community Achievement Award
- 2011 V-Award by Southern California College of Optometry
Our Executive Director, Vicky Ntetema, retired in May 2018. She began working with UTSS fighting for the rights of persons with albinism almost 10 years ago and served as our ED for the past eight years. Her years of service in the fight for the rights of persons with albinism has been exemplary. Many of you know about the great work she did within the country and beyond in this area. Her dedication to the cause has been truly inspiring.
The Important work of UTSS in Tanzania will continue under the capable leadership of our acting Executive Director, Ester Rwela. Ester has been with us serving in a variety of capacities, and most recently as part of the management team in the role of Program Manager.